ABOUT US

SINCE 1951

SINCE 1951

Mort Diamond was 24 years old when he opened Taylors Luggage in New Canaan over 60 years ago. Mr. and Mrs. Diamond moved to Stamford, where they opened a small luggage store in 1951 – Taylors Luggage. The name came from a man by the name of Taylor, who owned Taylor Trunk Company in Chicago and was a very dear friend of Mr. Joseph Diamond, and so Taylors Luggage was born.

While in Stamford, Mr. Diamond made friends with several residents of New Canaan, which inspired him to move his store to the small community. He moved Taylors Luggage to New Canaan in 1953.

In 2001, Pat and Morton’s daughter Wendy took over the business. Since taking over the family business, Wendy has proven to be a highly successful proprietor, continuing to grow Taylors Luggage with her mantra to always provide excellent, high-touch customer service and industry expertise.